Downtown Cleveland law firm docketing department is expanding and seeks to add to their staff! Experience with bankruptcy docketing considered a plus. General responsibilities include:
- Preparing and distributing docket reports
- Maintain the docketing database by adding documents, as well as information from those documents to a docket system on a daily basis
- Review and extract information from correspondence and other documents received
- Review and communicate docket to attorneys/paralegals/legal assistants
- Evaluate and process invoices that we received behalf of clients
2+ years of docketing experience, preferably within a law firm, in addition to being organized and attentive to details is required. Familiarity with docketing system is a must.
TEMP TO HIRE LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT
Suburban Independence Area law firm is seeking a Temp-to-Hire Litigation Legal Assistant to support a dynamic group of attorneys with a busy practice. This position will temp first with the intent to move into a direct-hire position.
- Preparing and filing documents in state, federal, and appellate courts.
- Transcription, drafting, and editing of correspondence, memoranda, motions, and briefs.
- Manage all administrative tasks for multiple attorneys simultaneously (client intake, expense reimbursements, billing, etc.).
- Coordinate trips and manage complex logistics for same. Handle frequently changing travel arrangements while complying with strict client travel policies and guidelines.
- Review client billing for accuracy.
3+ years of solid litigation experience required. Solid experience with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
CORPORATE/LITIGATION LEGAL SECRETARY
Downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking a Corporate/Litigation Legal Secretary to support a dynamic group of attorneys within the business practices group.
- Create and/or revise corporate documents including contracts, agreements, transactional matters, compliance, closing documents, shareholder and corporate minutes, redlining, etc.
- Create and/or revise litigation documents including discovery, pleadings, motions, briefs, etc.
- Assemble pre-closing documents and sets of executed documents for signature.
- Work closely with practice group for upcoming trials and transaction closings.
- Enter time for timekeepers, prepare expense reports and review billing statements.
- Reviews statements for billings including for specific client billing arrangements.
- Responsible for file, client and case management.
- Schedule and travel arrangements.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in corporate or business practices, as well as litigation. Candidates must posses a solid proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
LITIGATION LEGAL SECRETARY
One of Cleveland’s finest downtown law firms is seeking a Litigation Legal Secretary to support a dynamic group of attorneys.
* Preparing and filing documents in state, federal, and appellate courts including complex large class actions and multi-district litigations.
* Assisting in the preparation, assembly, production, and tracking of discovery requests and responses.
* Assisting in deposition and trial preparation.
* Transcription, drafting, and editing of correspondence, memoranda, motions, and briefs.
* Manage all administrative tasks for multiple attorneys simultaneously (client intake, expense reimbursements, billing, etc.).
* Effectively screen and prioritize requests for meetings and calls and schedule accordingly.
* Coordinate trips and manage complex logistics for same. Handle frequently changing travel arrangements while complying with strict client travel policies and guidelines.
* Supervise the client billing process for multiple attorneys and coordinate with other staff to adhere to unique guidelines, budgets, and procedures for same.
4+ years of solid litigation experience required. Solid experience with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook. Larger firm experience is considered a plus.
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Downtown Cleveland professional services organization is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to support one of its top Executives. This position is seeking a seasoned Executive Assistant who has previously supported a C-Suite Executive at the CEO, COO or CFO level and is experienced working at a highly confidential level.
Primary responsibilities are development and management of the key events calendar, coordination of schedules, general communications support and liaison to the reporting Executive. Additional responsibilities include:
- Act as an envoy of the executive and represent the position in a professional and cordial manner
- Serve as liaison between reporting Executive and Executive Committee, Partners, Company Management team and all external contacts
- Prepare various documentation including correspondence, memoranda, Executive meeting documentation
- Screen correspondence and telephone inquiries
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for executive level presentations
- Handle all internal and external requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate on-site and off-site meetings, conferences, etc., across multiple time zones
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including visas
- Be able to handle projects and other assignments as needed, including event planning
5+ years as an executive administrative assistant supporting a C-Suite level executive. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as with coordinating international and domestic travel arrangements. Ability to juggle competing priorities and solid business acumen are musts. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and handle and maintain confidential matters.
LEGAL BILLING SPECIALIST
One of Cleveland’s most prestigious downtown law firms is seeking a Legal Billing Specialist for their growing department. Primary responsibility is working with attorneys to consistently produce accurate monthly billing as well as create and produce reports and analytics related to the assigned accounts.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage the full cycle billing for a designated portfolio of client matters.
- Establish and maintain relationships with attorneys, staff and clients to ensure attorneys receive and return accurate invoices in a timely manner.
- Check rates and guidelines; have rates revalued as appropriate; monitor fee caps, discounts and other non-standard billing arrangements; track disbursements; monitor progress against approved budgets; and communicate with appropriate parties with respect to write-offs.
- Review invoices, make preliminary edits and route to appropriate attorneys for review.
- Submit finalized bills in appropriate format, ensuring compliance with outside counsel guidelines.
- Communicate directly with clients and provide requested reports or information related to special billing, collection arrangements and any other administrative matter(s).
- Monitor client trust accounts, accurate payment application, and unapplied funds resolution throughout the life cycle of assigned accounts.
- Assist with the set-up of electronic clients including but not limited to monitoring the submission of electronic invoices, assisting with troubleshooting and proactively following up regarding acceptance and timely payment of e-bills.
- Provide detail-based documentation, statistics and rate analysis related to assigned accounts upon request.
5+ years of law firm billing and account management experience is required along with a solid working knowledge of Excel at an intermediate to advanced level. Experience with Aderant is considered a plus.