TEMP-TO-PERM LEGAL ASSISTANT
One of Akron’s finest law firms is seeking a Temp-to-Perm Legal Assistant for a pair of attorneys looking for an assistant who wants to be part of a team. Amazing opportunity to work with senior partners in a fantastic firm.
* Preparing and filing documents in various courts including state, federal and BWC.
* Assisting in the preparation, assembly, production, and tracking of discovery requests and responses.
* Assisting in deposition and trial preparation as needed.
*Transcription, drafting, and editing of correspondence, memoranda, motions, and briefs.
* Manage all administrative tasks for multiple attorneys simultaneously (client intake, expense reimbursements, billing, etc.).
* Effectively screen and prioritize requests for meetings and calls and schedule accordingly.
* Coordinate trips and manage complex logistics for same.
5+ years of legal assistant experience, preferably with 2+ years of domestic relations and/or worker’s compensation experience, required in addition to solid MS Office skills. Ability to juggle busy attorneys with very busy practices and multi-task is a must.
LABOR LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT
Prestigious downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking an experience Labor Litigation Legal Assistant to support a group of senior attorneys with their busy practices. In addition to providing legal support, this position also has paralegal responsibilities.
- Preparing, drafting and revising various legal documents (pleadings, contracts, etc.) in addition to correspondence, memoranda, etc.
- Extensive client contact and interaction
- Preparing and gather information for initial litigation documents and for other legal forms
- Maintain litigation pleading binders
- Establish and maintain calendar (both electronic and paper), contact lists, and deadline reminder systems
- Scheduling appointments and travel arrangements (both domestic and international)
- Entering attorney time into the timekeeping system;
- Request checks for expenses, vendor payments, filing fees, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
Candidates should a minimum 5 years litigation legal experience. Experience in labor/employment is considered a plus. Solid working knowledge with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are required.
LEGAL WORD PROCESSOR
Prestigious downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking a Word Processor due to firm and departmental growth. This is a day position with traditional hours.
- Revise and format existing and new documents as well as proofreading for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and create various documents for various areas of law inclusive of litigation, corporate, real estate, IP and probate.
- Transmit and/or receive documents via scanning and/or email.
- Provide secretarial support to assignments including, but not limited to, transcribing tapes, typing correspondence, reports, memoranda and/or other documents (i.e., briefs and other pleadings, wills, closing documents, electronic filing etc.), submitting same for review; revising, proofreading, assembling and distributing prepared materials.
- Originate correspondence as directed and assume other responsibilities including, but not limited to, reviewing and routing incoming correspondence, scheduling appointments, creating and maintaining files and indexes, screening and routing telephone calls, and receiving and directing clients, preparing expense reports, as well as entering timekeepers time as required.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years or more of legal secretarial and/or legal word processing experience. Advanced MS Office skills, inclusive of working knowledge of DocXtools, Styles, and well rounded legal experience are musts. Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment is required.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEY
Northeast Ohio law firm is seeking an Intellectual Property Attorney to aid the firm in building up their IP department. The attorney must be an effective client relationship manager possessing strong communication skills and a desire to build a thriving, successful practice group. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to be on the ground floor of a growing practice.
The preferred candidate will have experience with a full range of Intellectual Property services, including litigation at the district court, International Trade Commission, and appellate levels for patent, trade secret and trademark; patent preparation and prosecution; trademark and copyright counseling and portfolio management; post-grant and other administrative proceedings before the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO); licensing, technology transfer and other transactions; and addressing Intellectual Properties issues in corporate transactions.
Attorneys looking to be considered should have a minimum of 5 years of full range IP experience. Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in engineering (electrical, computer, biomedical, mechanical, civil) or related fields is preferable. Must be admitted in Ohio and have a license in good standing as well as admission to practice before the USPTO. Attorneys with a portable book of business are highly preferred.
Candidates should possess solid writing, communication and research skills. This position requires an ability to communicate effectively with the USPTO, inventors, in-house counsel and team members, both verbally and in writing.
TRUST AND ESTATE SENIOR ATTORNEY
Growing Akron law firm is seeking a Senior-level Attorney to be an integral part of a well-established Trust and Estate practice group that provides legal services and advice to both new and existing clients of the firm. The attorney must be an effective client relationship manager possessing strong communication skills and a desire to be productive and motivated to run a successful practice. This position offers an outstanding practice development opportunity in a region where there is a need for a greater number of attorneys who focus exclusively on trust and estate practice.
Specific duties and responsibilities include working with and advising clients on the design and implementation of estate plans, assisting clients with charitable planning including the establishment of private foundations and other sophisticated charitable vehicles, advising the owners of closely held businesses on the design and implementation of succession plans; counseling fiduciaries in estate and trust settlement and administration, representing clients in connection with contested probate matters; and preparing and reviewing estate and gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of experience working on matters in the areas of wealth management and estate planning for high net worth individuals and their families. Additionally, candidates need to be heavily ingrained in the Akron community (charitable foundations, professional organizations, Akron bar association, etc.) or willing to become so. Must be admitted in Ohio and have a license in good standing. Candidates should possess solid writing, communication and research skills. This position requires a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
PROBATE/ESTATE PLANNING PARALEGAL
Downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking an experienced Probate/Estate Planning Paralegal to join their department growing firm needs.
- Communicate with clients, banks, brokerage firms, and appraisers to obtain information concerning decedent’s assets
- Assist with the preparation of gift and estate tax returns and file with appropriate taxing authorities
- Administer probate-related matters, including the preparation of pleadings for formal probates, informal probates, guardianships, and conservatorships
- Draft various pleadings including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.
- Assist with estate administration matters
Minimum of 3+ years of probate administration/estate planning experience, preferably in a larger firm or boutique firm environment. Paralegal certificate at a minimum is required. Candidates must have experience with the preparation of federal estate tax returns (Form 706) and federal gift tax returns (Form 709) and should have familiarity with fiduciary income tax returns (Form 1041). Must be able to work independently and with larger valued probate/estate matters.
CONTRACT LEGAL ASSISTANTS
Suburban legal entity is seeking legal assistants/secretaries, litigation paralegals and junior or entry level attorneys with prior litigation or document reviewer experience for long term contract positions for high profile document case reviews. These positions are slated to start immediately to within the next 2 weeks.
General responsibilities include reviewing documents in preparation for depositions, audit cases for record needs, carry out the collection of necessary records pertinent to cases and assist with preparation and organization of documents.
Prior litigation experience is preferred but open to solid experience with document review. This position is expected to continue for several months. No parking costs.
One of Cleveland’s most prestigious downtown law firms is seeking a Nurse/RN Paralegal for it’s medical malpractice department.
Responsibilities will focus on working on mass tort matters wherein medical terminology will be key aspect and assisting with medical products cases or other cases that require a nursing background.
Candidates must have prior law firm experience and nursing degree. Additionally, prior nursing experience in ICU, CCU, MedSurg or ER is required. Open to those with required nursing experience, paralegal degree/certificate, and internship as a nurse paralegal.
JUNIOR LEGAL SECRETARY
This downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking a Junior Legal Secretary for their growing practice groups. This is an amazing opportunity for the legal secretary with a few years of experience to transition into one of Cleveland’s top law firms.
General responsibilities include:
- Typing correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Reviewing and date stamping incoming mail;
- Establishing and maintaining calendar, contact lists, and deadline reminder systems;
- Maintaining attorney and general office files;
- Reviewing and preparing files for closing;
- Scheduling appointments and travel arrangements;
- Entering attorney and paralegal time into the timekeeping system;
- Working with Billing Department and billing attorney to review and revise billing Proformas and assisting in finalizing bills for client mailing;
- Additional duties as assigned.
Candidates should have between 2 and 5 years of legal experience. Advanced Word skills in addition to Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required. Working knowledge of Nuance considered a plus.