LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT
Canton area law firm is seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant to support an exciting assignment – including the Chair of the Litigation Practice Group.
- Prepare pleadings, memoranda, correspondence and other documents;
- Electronically file pleadings and motions with state and federal courts;
- Coordinate and schedule conferences, depositions, travel, meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Heavy interaction with clients, courts, opposing counsel, expert witnesses, etc.;
- Enter attorney time;
- Case and file management responsibilities;
- Maintain attorney calendars and monitor deadline due dates.
5+ years of litigation experience in addition to solid ECF knowledge in both state and federal court systems. Experience in a larger firm setting is preferred. Advanced proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
One of Cleveland’s premier law firms is seeking a CLE Coordinator to join their professional development department.
The position oversees all aspects of CLE for the firm including tracking attendance, issuing certificates, being the point person for questions, reviewing materials for qualification determine for CLE credit, processing applications, obtaining approval from various CLE jurisdictions for firm-wide CLE programs and assisting attorneys to guide them to meet the requirements to earn credits. Additionally this position will support all attorney professional development initiatives including scheduling meetings, coordinating materials and maintaining training schedules.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but open to solid experience in lieu of a degree. Experience with CLE compliance and law firm experience is strongly preferred. Knowledge of learning managements systems such as CE Manager is highly preferable.
EVENING LEGAL SECRETARY
Downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking an Evening Litigation Secretary to join their growing team. The working schedule for this position is 4:00 p.m. until 12:30 a.m., Monday thru Friday. This position will work 2 days in the office and 3 days remotely.
- Preparing various documents, i.e. pleadings, correspondence, memoranda.
- Complete litigation projects from other support staff.
- Prepare compilations of project completions for attorneys and various departments to ensure coordination of project statuses.
- Provide back-up support for other evening secretaries and word processors to complete documents from other departments.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of litigation legal secretarial experience. Candidates must possess a solid proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Working knowledge of TOA, TOC, Styles, etc. is required. Experience with DocXtools and Best Authority is preferred.
LEGAL INTAKE SPECIALIST
Downtown firm is growing their conflicts department and is adding a Legal Intake Specialist to an already busy group of professionals.
- Performing all necessary data entry for new or revised conflict searches.
- Researching new clients to provide a comprehensive overview of new clients.
- Assisting in the preliminary analysis of conflicts checks.
- Daily reviewing and approving client/matter intake submissions and revising all client intake forms for distribution.
- Maintaining Firm Records Retention Policy, Procedures and Schedules.
- Participating in the clean-up of data within Intapp and Elite to maintain the integrity and accuracy of conflict results, as needed.
2+ years of conflicts and/or intake experience in a law firm setting is required along with a working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Outlook). Experience with Intapp Open and/or Elite is highly preferred. Must have ability to interact with all levels of professionals.
LEGAL RECRUITING COORDINATOR
One of Cleveland’s most prestigious law firms is seeking a Legal Recruiting Coordinator to support the legal recruiting and professional development teams to help in their mission to retain the best of the best to join their firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinating interview schedules, calendar appointments, reserving conference rooms, making travel arrangements, distributing materials, and collecting/distributing evaluations; communicates schedules internally, and to recruiters and candidates.
- Utilizing viRecruit to track and respond to all resumes.
- Manage viRecuit platform
- Coordinating onboarding for all new hires including management of completed conflict questionnaires and new hire surveys.
- Coordinate Summer and Fall Associate Programs and attend events, as needed.
- Collaborating with Marketing Department to maintain accuracy of all pertinent materials.
- Manages expense reports and reimbursements for interviewees.
- Provides administrative support including correspondence, report generation, memoranda and/or other documents, revising, proofreading, assembling, and distributing prepared materials as necessary.
3+ years of experience of professional level recruiting and onboarding, preferably in a law firm environment. Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred. Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Working knowledge of viRecruit is considered a plus.
Prestigious Northeast Ohio law firm is expanding and looking for an experience Cybersecurity Associate to work with their busy practice. The focus of this position centralizes around data privacy and security laws.
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years of experience in the areas of cybersecurity and data privacy. Strong drafting, research, and writing skills and an ability to effectively with teams and independently, as well as manage and prioritize multiple projects are musts. Candidate must be licensed or attain license to practice law in the State of Ohio.
Suburban law firm is growing and seeks a Corporate Associate to become a part of a growing mergers and acquisitions team.
Expectations of the position focus on drafting and negotiating contracts and advising on related transactions; advising on mergers and acquisitions and business entity governance matters; advising on choice of entity and creating and restructuring business entities; assisting in due diligence efforts and post-deal integration; maintaining a current working knowledge of laws and regulatory developments; and structuring and drafting documents for commercial and finance transactions.
Recent graduates or attorneys with up to 4 years of law firm or in-house experience in business practices, tax/finance and/or commercial transactions preferred. Strong drafting, research, and writing skills and an ability to effectively with teams and independently, as well as manage and prioritize multiple projects are musts. Candidate must be licensed or attain license to practice law in the State of Ohio.
Northeast Ohio legal firm is seeking to add to their growing practice and is adding a Non-profit Associate who is experience working with advising tax-exempt and/or charitable organizations with their tax, governance and business issues. Additionally, solid experience with joint ventures between tax-exempt and taxable entities is required.
This position provides an individual the opportunity to not only work with an established department focusing on non-profit matters, but also allows the opportunity develop and grow their book of business over time.
3+ years of legal experience concentrated in the non-profit sector (i.e. tax-exempt or charitable organization focus) is required. Candidates must be licensed or attain license to practice law in the State of Ohio.
Suburban law firm is seeking a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to join their growing team. This position is a true hybrid requiring paralegal skills and experience along with some legal secretarial responsibilities.
General duties include:
- Drafting pleadings, responses to motions, memoranda and correspondence;
- Preparing responses to discovery;
- Working closely with attorneys to prepare various forms and documents for business transactions;
- Assisting with docketing;
- Legal research;
- Reviewing court orders;
- Performing legal secretarial duties such as preparing documents and files;
- Case management
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of litigation experience as a legal assistant or paralegal. Paralegal certificate or degree is preferred. Solid MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills are required. Desire to work in a team environment.
Northeast Ohio law firm is seeking a Legal Assistant/Receptionist for their growing firm. This position is a true hybrid with both legal assistant and receptionist responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be one that is looking to grow with the firm and take on future duties.
- Legal secretarial duties including preparing various documents (pleadings, memoranda, contracts, discovery, etc.) from dictation
- Opening new files and maintaining existing files
- Case and file management
- Scheduling attorney appointments, calendaring, some docketing and occasional travel arrangements
- Assist in preparing monthly billing, expenses, reimbursements.
- Assist in preparing attorney seminar presentations and materials for dissemination.
- Answering incoming calls and directing them to appropriate personnel
- Greeting and assisting clients and other guests
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 3+ years of legal assist and experience. Experience in probate/estate/family law considered a plus! Solid proficiency with MS Office and strong communication skills. Professional demeanor, both on the phone and in-person, are required.
LATERAL ATTORNEY HIRINGS
Growing Northeast Ohio law firm is seeking Lateral Attorneys to join their thriving practice groups and provide legal services/advice to both new and existing clients of the firm. These are amazing opportunities to join a prestigious firm and take your career to the next level or join a firm that appreciates and compliments your practice style.
The firm is growing and looking for lateral attorneys in the practice areas of commercial litigation, real estate, probate/estate planning, corporate law (preferably with a focus on M&As) and appellate law.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 5 years practicing and preferably have a portable business or solid area-specific experience with no book. Ohio Bar admission and license in good standing required. Candidates must have an ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and manage a caseload effectively. Strong analytical skills, time management, an ability to multi-task and creative thinking are needed.