TEMP-TO-HIRE IP ASSISTANT
Downtown Cleveland is seeking a Temp-to-Perm IP Assistant to work with their growing department. This position is intended to temp for 90 days before converting to a direct hire.
Responsibilities include managing and coordinating all domestic and foreign patent filing decisions; coordinate the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent and trademark applications; manage invention disclosures; and process, docket actions and responses due and update automated docketing system, generate docketing reports; electronically file responses with the USPTO/Correspond with foreign agents and other legal representatives as necessary; provide litigation support; coordinate agreements, including non-disclosure, material transfer, joint development, license and other agreements; maintain/organize a high volume of legal documents on-line and hard copy files and database activities; and lead effort to maintain internal patent administrative duties, including preparation of all patent issuance memos and preparation of patent prosecution portfolios.
3+ years of IP experience as a legal secretary, paralegal or legal assistant. College degree or paralegal certificate is preferred. Experience with IP docketing system, document management system and MS Word are musts.
EXECUTIVE LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
One of Cleveland’s most prestigious downtown law firm’s is seeking an Executive Legal Administrative Assistant to support the firm’s executive management team for the real estate group.
This position is responsible for the development and management of the key events calendar, coordination of schedules and general communications support for the firm’s leadership team in the real estate group.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as an envoy of the executives and represent them in a professional and cordial manner
- Prepare various documentation including correspondence, memoranda, Executive meeting documentation
- Screen correspondence and telephone inquiries
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for executive level presentations
- Handle all internal and external requests in a timely manner
- Coordinate on-site and off-site meetings, conferences, etc., across multiple time zones
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements, including visas
- Be able to handle projects and other assignments as needed, including event planning
7+ years as an executive administrative assistant experience at the executive level. Legal experience considered a plus. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as with coordinating international and domestic travel arrangements. Ability to juggle competing priorities and solid business acumen are musts. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and handle and maintain confidential matters.
One of Cleveland’s most prestigious downtown law firms is seeking a Nurse/RN Paralegal for it’s medical malpractice department.
Responsibilities will focus on working on mass tort matters wherein medical terminology will be key aspect and assisting with medical products cases or other cases that require a nursing background.
Candidates must have prior law firm experience and nursing degree. Additionally, prior nursing experience in ICU, CCU, MedSurg or ER is required. Open to those with required nursing experience, paralegal degree/certificate, and internship as a nurse paralegal.
Downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking an experience Probate Paralegal to join their department due to retirements and growing firm needs. The firm is open to a Full time candidate or someone looking to work 4 days a week.
- Communicate with clients, banks, brokerage firms, and appraisers to obtain information concerning decedent’s assets
- Assist with the preparation of gift and estate tax returns and file with appropriate taxing authorities
- Administer probate-related matters, including the preparation of pleadings for formal probates, informal probates, guardianships, and conservatorships
- Draft various pleadings including wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc.
- Assist with estate administration matters as needed
Minimum of 3+ years of probate administration preferably in a larger firm environment. Degree preferred but open to experience. Must be able to work independently and with larger valued probate/estate matters.
WORKERS’ COMP PARALEGAL
Suburban company is seeking an experienced Workers’ Comp Paralegal who will administer all phases of self-insured client claims. This position will focus on risk strategies, maintaining positive client service and interaction with providers, hearing reps and legal counsel.
- Review C9s, fee bills, and medical records.
- Process fee bills and oversee payments.
- Calculate all compensation types and issue timely payments.
- Monitor claims for potential settlement and review same with client.
- Determine appropriate reserves for each claim.
- Prepare files for hearings of contested issues.
- Manage reporting to the excess insurance carrier.
- Manage Medicare reporting.
- Schedule Independent Medical Exams and prepare communication package for medical provider.
- Oversee and schedule client claim review meetings and prepare necessary reports.
- Maintain ongoing interactions with injured workers, employers, attorneys and related medical providers.
- Oversee State of Ohio BWC client audits.
- Issue and file annual 1099s and 1096 to the proper recipients and taxing authorities.
3+ years of workers’ compensation claims self-insured or state funded experience as a paralegal or TPA. Associate degree preferred but open to experience only.
Prestigious downtown Cleveland professional services organization is seeking a Professional Front Desk Receptionist to be the face of their company for all incoming clientele.
General responsibilities for this position including meeting and greeting incoming guest, scheduling conference rooms, tracking arrivals and departures for “in office” status, assisting with rollover operator calls, assisting with projects as assigned and being the face of the company.
4+ years of professional, front desk receptionist experience is required. Professional services experience (Big 4 accounting, law firm, financial services or investment banking) is preferred. Professional presentation along with excellent verbal communication is required.
JUNIOR LEGAL SECRETARY
This downtown Cleveland law firm is seeking a Junior Legal Secretary for their growing practice groups. This is an amazing opportunity for the legal secretary with a few years of experience to transition into one of Cleveland’s top law firms.
General responsibilities include:
- Typing correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Reviewing and date stamping incoming mail;
- Establishing and maintaining calendar, contact lists, and deadline reminder systems;
- Maintaining attorney and general office files;
- Reviewing and preparing files for closing;
- Scheduling appointments and travel arrangements;
- Entering attorney and paralegal time into the timekeeping system;
- Working with Billing Department and billing attorney to review and revise billing Proformas and assisting in finalizing bills for client mailing;
- Additional duties as assigned.
Candidates should have between 2 and 5 years of legal experience. Advanced Word skills in addition to Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required. Working knowledge of Nuance considered a plus.
REAL ESTATE LEGAL SECRETARY
One of Cleveland top law firms is seeking a Real Estate Legal Secretary to support a the real estate department. The group is looking for someone who is willing to join a hard working group and become an integral part of their team.
Responsibilities include providing secretarial support to the real estate group including, but not limited to, preparing various real estate documents, correspondence, memoranda and/or other documents; review, revise, proofread, assemble and distribute prepared documents; heavy case and client management and scheduling and calendaring for assignments.
3+ years as of real estate experience is required – preferably in a larger or specialized law firm. Ability to work in a team environment and at a fast pace.
CORPORATE LEGAL SECRETARY
One of Cleveland finest downtown law firms is seeking a Corporate Legal Secretary to support a busy team of attorneys.
Responsibilities include providing secretarial support to group including, but not limited to, transcribing tapes, typing correspondence, reports, memoranda and/or other documents; review; revising, proofreading, assembling and distributing prepared documents; heavy case and client management and scheduling and calendaring for assignments. Additionally, solid corporate transactional experience is a must.
3+ years as of corporate/business transaction experience is required – preferably in a larger or specialized firm. Experience with employee benefits law is considered a plus.
SENIOR LITIGATION PARALEGAL
One of Cleveland’s finest downtown law firms is seeking a Senior Litigation Paralegal for it’s busy department.
Responsibilities include all aspects of discovery and trial preparation: the collection, review and analysis of documents; electronic discovery; written responses to discovery requests; subpoenas; scheduling and preparing for depositions; and post judgment appellate work and judgment collection. Additional duties include assisting with preparation of all pleadings, legal memorandum and correspondence, as well as maintaining files, performing legal research, and docket scheduling.
5+ years of trial litigation experience in addition to running trials through to conclusion is required. Experience in a larger firm and with MDL or class action matters is preferred. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Experience with electronic discovery (i.e. Relativity) is preferred.